Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday is Resource Day: Rocky Mountain Hardware



I always look forward to Thursdays, as I get another chance to highlight some of the great resources that i have come to rely on, and today is no different. Today's resource is Rocky Mountain Hardware (http://www.rockymountainhardware.com/). I have been using this company for years now, ever since a friend suggested them, after seeing their stand at a trade show. Back then, this was more than 10 years ago, their designs lent heavily on what i would call Mountain primitive, they were sandcast bronze, but with a definite leaning toward the unrefined. At the time is was mostly door hardware, since then, their popularity has skyrocketed and they now offer, cabinet hardware, sinks, tiles and now even lighting.



The reason I chose them today was that, yesterday I was at a jobsite and the contractor showed me a brochure of a new line they have just released that incorporates inset panels with leather, mixed with the bronze (see the top picture). This has to be one of the coolest things I have seen in a while and is such a warm, sophisticated look, I cannot wait to use it.


The company is based in Idaho, and produces all of their product there, and what's more is very environmentally friendly as well. Take a look at their website I am confident you will be impressed by the collection that they have built, if nothing else you will be inspired by the old world craftsmanship used in a way that makes it relevant today, I know I was.

No comments: