Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Monday, February 4, 2008

Something Just a Little Bit Different

Today I thought I would post an image that is just a little bit different. This is a Kitchen Hood that I designed for a family in Los Angeles. I had a fairly simple room, so I wanted something that was going to be a little bit more decorative than the normal plaster or stainless steel that you normally see.
This one is made from Tin and then painted, it gives the Kitchen a more old world kind of feeling I think, without getting too cutesy.
Other ways to introduce a little more style to a Kitchen could be:
  • Try to find a liner tile with some great color and pattern to it, rather than a decorative field, sometimes just a liner is enough.
  • Make the island an accent color, in this Kitchen we went with a steely blue.
  • Keep the rest of the Kitchen as simple as possible, too many things of interest, become very distracting to the eye.

No comments: