Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Monday, July 14, 2008

Tick Tock, 5 Great Clocks…

1.)The Nelson Asterisk Clock is fun, modern, and perfect décor for anyone with a sense of humor. With its simple modern design, it is a great accent piece for the minimalist who refuses to take themselves too seriously.

2.)The Innermost UK’s Ghost Clock really is an amazing re-creation of a traditional carriage clock. The classic etching on the clock’s glass face and roman numerals, are reflected by a strategically placed mirror that makes this clock a beautiful timepiece and a fantastic accessory.

3.)Five years ago I never dreamed I would be blogging about great clocks from Target, but today I am. A new take on the vintage cuckoo clock, the Utopia Wall Clock is a Mark Cutler Design favorite. Delicate edge detail and a swinging pendulum make this clock perfect for a kid’s room, living room, or any room that is in need of a fun piece that won’t be going out of style any time soon.

4.)My fourth great wall clock on this list (also from Target) is by Designer Sami Hayek. As a design professional, this piece spoke to me immediately; reminiscent of the color wheel I had back in design school. I think this one might be my favorite, with its tiny splashes of bright colors on a simple wood background. I could see this clock in my home office as a perfect daily reminder of those color wheel days, and just how far I’ve come.

5.)Lastly, the Wenge Clock by Architect Jason Linde takes a backward look at a traditional clock. This design is not only unique, but it combines simplicity, innovation, and style. A great conversation piece, this clock is for the décor-a-holic looking for the clock that no one else has.

2 comments:

Topsy Turvy said...

The Wenge Clock is so clever!

-Lana

Anonymous said...

I really love modern pieces of furniture as a rule. However my favorite from this lot is the Ghost Clock, even though it has the most traditional look out of all of them.

Perhaps its because of its glass face and mirror - I have an aversion to clutter. It truly is exquisite.