Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Friday, October 21, 2011

Trolling 1st Dibs

I was watching TV the other night, and one of the characters walked into her office, took off a jacket and hung it on a coat rack. It struck me that it has some time since I have shopped for said item, so I thought it would be the perfect subject for my 1st Dibs trolling session. Let me also say that I am not a lazy coat rack shopper, I just happen to live in sunny southern California and no one seems to wear coats, so no need for a rack it seems.....

Denmark
1950's
An elaborate hat and coat tree with sculptural turned teak tapered dowel posts on an x-form base.


United States
Early 20th century
A versatile and functional halltree. coat rack, umbrella stand all in one.



USA
1820 to 1860's
Ten-horned hat stand with mirror, horns have original rounded metal tips, mirror is beautifully aged with inner gold leaf accent framing, original finish has deep sepia-tone. Horn avg. is 10 inches. Mirror diameter is 11.5 inches.



france
1940
French Art Deco Coat Rack


1 comment:

Michelle Gordon said...

Theses are beautiful designs. I could've used these for my new house. Instead I bought a new latex mattress.