Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good Enough to Eat




I have to admit that I would probably not be a dream client. I am very particular about what I want, but at the same time have no idea exactly what that might be. So it was with great trepidation I started a search recently for new dinnerware. My old sets were still great, a plain white one from Crate and Barrel, mixed with some from Calvin Klein, and some vintage pieces, but I felt it was time to do something new and fresh.

I looked at all the usual suspects, but everything seemed a little overdesigned to me, what I wanted was something that had some style, but was able to work with hot dogs on the plate or some of my attempts at gourmet cooking, not an easy order to fill.

I came across this company MUD, from Australia, and their work is absolutely beautiful, it is porcelain, that has had the tint added, so the color permeates through the whole piece, and then there is a clear glaze applied on top. It makes for the chicest blend of matte and gloss, and the colors are soft like old plaster. 

There are some great colors in the line, and I couldn't decide which to get so I went with a blend, so now wgen I set my table sometimes I will set each person with a particular color and other times a random mix. I love that the colors are soft enough too that I can still mix in my old sets as well.

Check them out, and let me know what you think.

No comments: