Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Thursday, March 26, 2009

























It's funny how some things can set your mind buzzing. I was out shopping yesterday with a client, and we stopped by one of my favorite Antique stores in Los Angeles, Eccola and there on the floor was something that I had never seen before, an actual Giraffe skin rug. It was beautiful. I have to say that I have always been afan of natural skins on the floor, as well as the Giraffe pattern, so you could imagine how excited I was to see it. It is still available here is the link http://eccolaimports.com/itemdetails.php?id=248904



Patchwork leather rugs are pretty easy to come by, but the ones by Kyle Bunting are fresh and beautiful. With a broad selection of colors and patterns, each one is a custom piece that is totally unique. These rugs are not cheap, but I love the fact that Kyle posts a collection of rugs that are on sale on his site. I have bought a couple of these and the quality is great, so it's a good place to look if you are on a bit of a budget.


Cow hide rugs are one thing, but can you really beat the beauty of a good Zebra rug. Luckily zebra's are being farm raised now, so it's sort of politically correct, well at least acceptable to have them now. I have bought rugs from Kottlers before and have been very happy with the range, as well as the service. My favorite Zebra is a chocolate brown and ivory, rather than the stronger colors of the black and white.


As many of you may know, we are currently working on a room at the Pasadena Showhouse of Design, the oldest running showhouse in the country. The room my team is doing is a garden room, which should be beautiful, but when it came to the ceiling panels, I wanted something a little unique, that had some sheen and sound deadening qualities, I thought that cow hide might be perfect. I went to Edelman Leathers as the quality of their tanning and coloring is beautiful. I can't wait to post images of our "furry" ceiling.


Now this is probably going to be a polarizing choice, no pun intended! But I love the beauty of the polar bear rug. If you could imagine a modern white interior, with contemporary furniture, then draped on the floor, this stunning rug. I think it would be quite chic, although I might be alone in thinking that.

No comments: