Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finishing Touches

It's just like when you are getting dressed, the thing that changes a boring bland outfit into a memorable one, is the finishing touches. In the case of a bathroom, it might be something as simple as the hardware you put on the cabinet.

The first image is one I found on Flickr and it's a fairly ordinary looking bathroom. So I thought I would offer some suggestions on hardware from Anthropologie that would dress it up a little. What do you think?

So this knob I thinks has some great detail, very much like a piece of jewelery. I think adding some color to the cabinet would be a nice idea, perhaps a black high sheen would be great.



Perfect for a more nautical or beach theme. I am certainly going to keep this in mind for a Hamptons project.

With more of a Southern European feel this would be great for a French Country or even a Tuscan feeling bathroom. Maybe change the color of the bathroom to a strong terra cotta would give it a very Mediterranean feel.
Now who doesn't like a simple black and white scheme?? I think that the primitive design is perfect for such a simple piece of furniture, try using some red or turquoise accents.




No comments: