Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday is Resource Day:Accessories


As usual Thursday is Resource Day, and on these days I try to highlight a particular resource that I really enjoy using. I have tried to use places that anyone can use, regardless of what part of the United States, or for that matter, the world you may be reading this blog in. Today is a little bit of an exception to that rule. Today's posting is a store in Los Angeles, and while they have a growing web presence, nothing can compare to a visit to their store. The store is Colburn/Sassaman (www.colburnsassaman.com). It has been in Los Angeles now, in one form or another for about 11 years, always in the same location, and is a great resource for accessories for the home. Founded by Shannon Colburn and recently joined with Interior Designer, Nicole Sassaman, the store is a teeming melange of product that varies so much in style, scale and price point, that no matter what project I am working on, I can always find something here.
This week I have been putting together a great house that we have been working on in Northern California, and sure enough, a trip to their store was in order, I found some great bath accessories, artwork and some terrific primitive African pieces. Even after my client called and told me that they needed 8 magazine holders for different rooms (they are avid readers), Shannon didn't disappoint, and I had my choice of modern, transitional and traditional.
So, if you are in Los Angeles, stop by, if nothing else it's always a joy to meet people who are so passionate about their interests and you never know what you will come across. If not in Southern California, check out the website, or if you are after something specific, drop them an email, they would love to hear from you.
Colburn/Sassaman
540 North La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 358- 9025

2 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

What a great store! Thanks for letting us know about it.

Derek said...

Nice Designs. Keep up the good work!