Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thank You Crate and Barrel

Many of you read my Open Letter to Crate and Barrel that I wrote a few weeks ago, so you can imagine the thoughts that went through my head when my assistant told me that Vicki from Crate and Barrel was on the phone and wanted to speak with me. I felt a little like I was being asked into the principals office. Well, the conversation could not have gone better, and over the period of a few phone calls, I have gained even more respect for the way that this company does business. They were totally willing to listen to my concerns and be open about their plans, and I am pleased to say that we can probably expect a professional program in the not too distant future.

We also discussed some other ways that C & B can become a bit more designer friendly, I would suggest that making Mark Cutler the new face of Crate and Barrel, would be a great start...:)

I think it bears saying though that in this economy where success is defined by survival, developing partnerships and finding creative ways to form partnerships will help us all. So in light of that I wanted to say thanks again to all the folks at Crate and Barrel for listening to my concerns and being so gracious in their attempt to help. Bravo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your success with C&B. That is impressive on your part and good business on their part.

I couldn't agree with you more when you say that in this economy success is defined by survival. In that spirit I want to let all designers know that Avolli offers a generous trade discount with a business plan created to serve the design industry through fast response times and professional shipping to all parts of the country.

Please never hesitate to contact me as I am here to help in any way.

My best,
Tricia - Avolli

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Im so excited. Thanks for putting it out there, and making it happen!

Faith Sheridan said...

Thanks Mark! good work for everyone and also let's CB know we're in touch with them.

Best,

Anonymous said...

I don't really understand the problem. Crate's current designer program gives you back $1K for every $10K you spend.Doing one room can easily be $10K!
For a retail store (that your clients can walk in and purchase from)to offer that is very generous. It is not at all the same as a to-the-trade-only type of business, where you're marking up the merchandise yourself. I just don't get what you're after here.

down pillow said...

Way to get some things done! I'm with you though- that initial gut reaction when they called would've made me very nervous. lol But you stuck to your guns and helped us all. Much gratitude!