Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Monday, September 19, 2011

Just because it says WALLpaper it doesn't mean it won't look good on a ceiling!

I have been a huge fan of Lori Weitzner now for a while. I think that she brings such a cool fresh thought to all that she does. so I thought she was a perfect example to use for this post, because I think she would appreciate the idea of wall paper on the ceiling.

In this home we had an existing raised ceiling in the Dining Room that I wanted to find a way to highlight. I found a drawn plaster series that Lori has that is perfect for this kind of use, we installed it and then had a faux finisher add a subtle iridescent wash over it. It provided just enough sparkle to make the room feel more special, but with enough money still in the budget to buy great furniture.




The pattern we went with is called Cartouche. It was the right choice as it has a perfect blend of old and new and the spacing on the design was spread enough that it didn't get too busy.

Hope you like it.









No comments: