Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Resource Day: 20th Century Lighting



Every week when I sit down to plan out what I am going to write on my Blog in the week ahead, I get to Resource Day and start to worry. There are so many different resources that I use, all of whom I want to give some attention to. This week though, I was working on a new project out by the beach, that is a Mediterranean style home, so I went straight to one of my most reliable resources, 20th Century Lighting. While I was doing this I realised that I had never written about them on the Blog, a huge oversight, but one that I hope now I have rectified.
When trying to make a home that is new, look like a period home, or if renovating an older home, lighting can be one of the biggest challenges that you face. Getting the scale just right, or finding that quirky piece, can be a challenge of almost biblical proportions, unless you buy vintage pieces (which can represent their own challenges). Take a look around at 20th Century's site though, it is amazing the depth of their collection, from sconces, to chandeliers, to table lamps, it's all there. They offer a range of finishes to match any project, and one other thing I like is that they are also sold in Showrooms around the country, so you can go and see them in person as well if you want.
So, check them out, I think you will be surprised by everything that they offer, (they are also a pleasure to deal with on the phone).

3 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

I love the sconces!

Mark Cutler said...

Yes, they are truly magical!

Unknown said...

Recently i went to this beautiful store in San Francisco that sells unique,organic,and handcrafted tiles,sinks,and furniture.
The store is called " SAINT TROPEZ BOUTIQUE" located at 25 evelyn way, San Francisco,CA 94127
Their website is www.sainttropezstone.com.
I was soblown away as soon as i entered the store,very cozy and stylish and they carry custom made handcrafted Moroccan glazed terracotta tiles, Traditional Moorish geometric tiles know as " Zillij mosaics or zellige mosaic",Handmade Brass Mediterranean lanterns, antique Moroccan entrance doors, fossil marble sinks,Fossil crinoids plaques, Moroccan marquee tents, and much more .
you got to see this store it is so gorgeous and the good thing about their products that they are 100% customizable so you can customize the sizes,colors,shapes,patterns,and design to fit your projects weather residential or commercial.
I'm an interior designer in San Francisco and i recommand Saint Tropez Boutique to anyone who is looking for quality & genuine Mediterranean, moorish,Moroccan Style & interiors for their homes.

For more info:

http://www.sainttropezstone.com