Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Before and After


















I love before and after posts, when you are in the midst of a project its often easy to forget what a transformation you can make in peoples homes. This is a project that I finished recently, the picture on the right is the before shot, its what the Bedroom looked like when my clients bought the house, nice enough. I decided that the window was the perfect spot for a little sitting area, and to help proportion the windows a bit better I layered drapery with matchstick shades.
The area really needed a big light fixture, but I went with a very inexpensive Chinese paper shade instead of a chandelier, the effect is to just lighten the look and stop it from being too serious.
I hope you enjoy

4 comments:

Neutral Dwelling said...

What a beautiful room! I love it!

katiedid said...

Hi Mark!
I have been hearing about you from multiple fronts: other bloggers and also DPI. I thought I would pay you a visit!

This is a great room, and I am liking your design aesthetic very much! You are offering some great design advice on your blog, so I will be back.

Hope you do not mind: I am linking you to my blog.

Best-
Katie

Devonia said...

Lovely balance and the Chinese paper shade was a quirky little touch that did, indeed, provide a light moment of surprise. Please - more of these wonderful before and afters.
Devonia

Anonymous said...

Steanness
Bded