Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Monday Reading List

The plan on Monday's is to post books that we like or think might be interesting reading. To be honest I have been a bit overwhelmed with Halloween festivities to buy any new books (I am still pawing over the Geoffrey Bilhuber book too), but I thought it might be interesting to post a few things from my Amazon wish list.

It's funny my list is now quite long, so every now and again I like to revisit it and see what caught my interest and maybe it will for you too.

Cotswold Gardens, by David Hicks


Well, any book by Mr. Hicks will catch my eye, but this is one that I don't have in my collection. I thoroughly enjoy his other garden book, My Kind of Garden, so I am looking forward to this one, which starts with his own home, and then goes on to describe his other gardens in the area. I think after I nab this one I will have a complete set of all the books by Hicks, perfect for a rainy weekend.

Hampton's Havens, by Hampton's Cottages and Gardens Magazine


I love the Hampton's, I think that they represent the best of classic American beach going. Warm water, rolling lawns and great garden parties. I am just about to start work on a house out there too, for one of my best and oldest friends, so I am studying up on the style and I think this book gives a great overview of the best homes, from Manors to Cottages.

Piet Boon: Beach, by Piet Boon


I am a huge fan of Boons work, and I came across this book on Amazon today. The description is brief to say the least " two beach houses in different regions by Piet Boon". But I am very excited to see hi clean sense of modernism applied in such a casual setting as the beach. If anyone has this book, let me know, my interest is piqued.

No comments: