Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I swore I would NEVER...

Growing up in a home where no round table could escape a ruffled tablecloth, I always swore I would be tablecloth free as an adult...
However, during the past few months, I have noticed images in my favorite shelter magazines of round tables with these great simple tablecloths. The fabrics are (ruffle-free) natural, draped or tailored, and well... now I want one!
I love them on a round table in an entry or dining space. What a great way to soften a space so usually full of hard surfaces, corners, and straight edges. I think these images below prove my point.
I have been wrong all of these years. When done simply, and in moderation, a skirted table IS a beautiful addition to any space.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I grew up with "those" tableclothes as well, and as an adult I find I prefer things more tailored and less frilly. Plus a great tablecloth can hide a pretty ugly table ;)

Paul Pincus said...

i love the second image. it's a little bit of perfection!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the second tablecloth is great!