Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Week Tips!

Since I am celebrating Earth Day all week, I thought I would pass on my favorite (and most simple) ways to be more GREEN at home... Some of these are so easy, you will wonder why you were not doing them already!
1. BYOB: Bring your own bag! I collect cute ones from my favorite eco-friendly stores. Keep them in your trunk so you will never be caught without them at the market.
2. Go Digital: Do you REALLY need to print that email?? Think twice and then decide. If you need directions or an address; instead of writing it down, email or text it to yourself and save a sheet of paper.
3. Buy Green: This week's Target mailer was full of products that are eco-friendly or made from recycled materials. If you are going to buy a product anyway, why not buy the greener version?
4. Unplug: Unplug those chargers! I know it seems convenient to leave them plugged in all of the time, but they are still using energy. Unplug them to reduce your energy consumption, AND your electric bill.
5. Use the China: It only takes a few minutes to wash a plate or pop it in the dishwasher.Next time, skip the paper plates and use that china. Washing dishes with a full load in the dishwasher is more environmentally sound then tossing out paper plates every day.
6. Bottle it up: Show your style with a to-go water bottle and a water filter. I have a bright pink bottle that I fill up from my Brita every morning. The new bottles are so fun, there is no excuse to use and then toss plastic ones that end up in a landfill.

2 comments:

Glasgow Dentist said...

Good effort towards Go Green. One small effort if implemented will help us all. Avoid using plastic bags, disposable cups etc. We should use paper bags instead of it.

website design said...

hey! great tips! i appreciate it for sharing.