Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Monday, April 2, 2012

Book Review - Rooms to Inspire by the Sea

I had to include the picture of my project!
The phrase " They are more than just the sum of their parts" could very well have been invented for this dynamic couple, Annie Kelly and Tim Street Porter, both power houses in their own right have come up with yet another outstanding new book. In the interest of full disclosure, I know them both fairly well, and a shot one of my projects that I recently completed with William Hefner is in the book (p. 229).

Pink sand... I love the Bahama's
Tim's photography is always beautiful to see, he shoots primarily with natural light, so his images are full of bight highlights and cool shady recesses. Annies prose on the other has all the information you need to bring those images to life.

A great blend of old and new
Now lets speak a little about the projects, one of my all time favorite houses in the world is the one owned by antiques maven, Richard Shapiro, it will make you gasp. Truth be told most of the projects will do just that. Don't  buy this book if you are expecting another blue and white, study in sea shells and star fish. This book is teeming with traditional , modern and cutting edge projects from all over the world. Each one has a very unique relationship to the place where it sits. I LOVE this book, and i am sure you will too.

The Living Room of Richard Shapiro's Home is one of my all time favorite rooms.
Rooms by the Sea
Annie Kelly



Rizzoli

No comments: