Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Monday, April 30, 2012

Favorite Fine Rugs

Besides my obvious obsession for chairs and pillows, I also have a big thing for rugs. These versatile beauties can transform a space by adding texture, color, pattern, as well, they can set a style or be totally eclectic. The fine hand woven varieties make terrific investments that can last a few lifetimes. A full spectrum of hues and weaves can be found from the many talented rug designers and weavers around the world from Istanbul to the U.S. 

I’ve included a few of my favorite sources below. But I’m always on the lookout for additional ones, who makes the rugs you love? 




MadelineWeinrib’s yummy Pumkin Madala A handwoven chenille with metallic elements.





Hand-knotted in Nepal in a blend of Tibetan and New Zealand hand dyed wool or silk giving this rug a subtle sheen.




I adore this overdyed vintage rug from Loom. The more wear the better.








 Love all of colors of the Anthropologie Flutter Pattern Rug. Bright wool butterflies atop stunning crewelwork.





Carini Lang’s Pivoines feature giant French peonies made of Imperial Silk.



No comments: