Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Friday, July 20, 2007

I Love Bunk Beds


Just like the title says: "I love Bunk Beds!". When I was a boy growing up in Australia, my brother and I shared a room with bunk beds, I thought it was terrific. There is obviously the advantage of sharing your room with a sibling, which I am always a fan of. It seems that kids can get isolated enough these days with all sorts of video games, computers etc, having them share a room, seems like a great opportunity. So, if this is the case for you, consider using bunk beds, here are some thoughts on how to make the most of them:
  • Create areas inside of each bunk for your children's own, personal stuff. You can see in the picture above I added pin up boards so that each child had a place to display their own favorite art pieces.
  • I love the idea of draping the bed, the opportunities that this creates for play is tremendous, whether it's a fairy castle or an enemy fort.
  • Using Bunk Beds will free up a ton of floor space too!
  • Use swing arm lamps on the walls adjacent to the bed, it can get a bit dark on the lower bunk, especially for reading etc.
  • Make sure you have a soft landing spot....it can be a long way down from the top bunk :)

No comments: