Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Friday, March 23, 2012

All-time Favorite Kid's Books


I love my daily dose of Daily Candy. If you haven’t discovered this sweet resource be sure to visit the site. Daily Candy editors “scour the corners of the U.S. and London to deliver the very best in style, food, fashion and fun.” Their “finds” are not ones you’ll discover with a quick internet search. They give a voice to all of the unique, one-of-kind artists, designers and products you might run across on a day trip to the city or neighboring town. Plus, they deliver all of the resources to you in a fun and hip way that’ll have you grinning.

After our post on willful and wonky bookshelves earlier this week, I was drawn to DC’s email which featured a list of their editor’s “all-time favorite kids’ books.” Read it here. I’ll share a few of my own favorites here, along with a few of the irresistible kiddo’s bookshelves I ran across. 



This tree of knowledge would make a wonderful addition to any playroom, nursery or kid's room.


"Ooh-La-La (Max in Love)" by Maira Kalman

Guiltily, I would always pick this book when the kids wanted me to read to them—I just loved the artwork, but most of all, I loved Max--the poetic, undeniably-bohemian beatnik dog. Maira Kalman's ineffably painted, hiply designed, and wonderously worded Ooh-la-la (Max in Love), is the story of a poet dog named Max who goes to Paris to realize his dream of becoming a famous wordsmith.

The story starts out…”I can't believe it. Me. Max Stravinsky in Paris. Picasso. Paté. The opera. Ballet. The crème de la crème. The city that gleams. That romantic, extravagantic city of dreams. Oh pluperfect Paris, just give me a chance and I'll toast your beauty, oh Paris of France." 


There is nothing like a wall full of books to inspire young and old minds alike!


"Magical Moonballs" by Laura L. Seeley

This enchanting, award-winning book will have you peaking in the kitchen to see what the forks and the spoons are up to...

"His nose felt an itch, and it twitched in the breeze. Then he shuddered and shivered and sneezed a big sneeze!" With his sneeze, the man in the moon blows the clouds into zillions of rollicking moonballs, who gleefully tumble to Earth to spread their message of cheer and friendship."


I love the way these shelves are situated so little ones can find their favorite titles quickly.


"Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch

This book will have you tearing up with the first read. It’s about as endearing as it is wacky, but you’ll be singing the chorus long after you’ve closed the book.

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
As long as I’m living 
my baby you’ll be."


Don't forget to take a look at Daily Candies exhaustive list of books perfect for your little one's first library. 














No comments: