Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pasadena Showcase House of Design



I have always been a fan of Showcase Houses (groups of designers come together and decorate a house for a charity, usually doing one room each). I think that they provide the general public a great opportunity to see good design in person, instead of just in magazines. For the designers. it is a chance to try out some fresh ideas without the added pressure of a client.

Well, this year we are back at the Pasadena Showcase house, one of the oldest in the country, for the fifth time. My team and I are doing the Garden Room, which we are very excited about. It is a room at the end of the house, with windows on three sides, looking out to the garden. At the moment it is a fairly unremarkable space, but I see this as an opportunity to create an old-style trellis room. I have always been a fan of these spaces, and now I get to create one.

I will post some images of the room, next week, when I get back into the office, but for now, check out the inspiration images.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE BEEN ATTENDING SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THIS EVENT AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO 2009.